This is a question that I get so often – even before I became a Beachbody® Coach. As many of you know, I’ve always been passionate about fitness, and I’ve owned just about every exercise DVD ever made (yes, including Jane Fonda in her leg warmers!!). Having ordered many of the Beachbody workouts through the years, including Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, P90X, Insanity, T25, PiYo, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, and 21 Day Fix Extreme, I feel that I have some very useful first-hand experience of what works and doesn’t work (for ME anyways!!).
Currently, I am a huge advocate of the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme programs for a variety of reasons, and I’m going to list some of them now, and then let you be the judge!
- I think that I have exercise ADHD – I get bored quickly. So many programs have you doing the same routine every day, for at least a week, if not for 30 days. That’s why I’ve quit early with so many other programs out there. I don’t like repetition. I need variety. With the 21 Day Fix and Extreme series, you do a different DVD each day, which means that once you’ve done a DVD on Monday (for example), you won’t see that workout again until the following Monday. It keeps my body guessing – it keeps me interested – and I actually find myself looking forward to repeating the workout the following week rather than dreading it! Also, you do an exercise for a minute, and then move on to the next. You can do ANYTHING for a minute, right?
- Along the same lines of getting bored easily, I’m also busy. Time is of the essence!! Some programs promise short workouts, but in reality perhaps only one or 2 of the DVDs will be 20-30 minutes, and then the remainder of them are 45-60 minutes long. Although there is nothing wrong with longer workouts, I just don’t have the time – AND – I get bored easily!! I want to have high energy and motivation from beginning to end – if the video drags on too long, I get bored, and I don’t put in quite the same effort as I did at the beginning of the workout. With 21DF and 21DFX, the workouts are 30 minutes with warm-up and cool-down included. How awesome is that?!? A 30-minute workout is only 2% of your day!! To me, that is doable and realistic with my already busy schedule.
- Autumn Calabrese. I can’t say enough about this single-mom who is a celebrity fitness trainer. She is motivating, while not too much that you want to smack her! She has an amazing body and so is clearly a product of the product. She has great form, and knows how to teach proper form (a rare skill if you have watched enough fitness DVDs!!). Beachbody has a great reputation at stake, and they don’t cast inexperienced trainers simply because they look good – they hire knowledgeable instructors, and Autumn is one of them!
- Nutrition – the color coded containers are easy to use, and you learn how to eat a balanced diet. You don’t eliminate food groups. You don’t starve. You don’t eliminate flavor. It is a sound, well-balanced meal plan that can fit in even the busiest person’s lifestyle.
- Results – this is a program designed to show you immediate results. In my first round of 21 Day Fix Extreme, I lost 9 lbs and 11 inches! My second round fell into my vacation time, and I managed to not gain weight – that is unheard of for me!! Maintenance on vacation??? And I’m back at it again, and losing weight and inches all over again!
- 21 Days – that’s right! One of the reasons why I love this program is that it lasts for 21 days – not 30, not 60, not 90… 3 WEEKS!!! Once again, to me, this is doable and realistic. We are always told to set short term goals, and having a program last for only 21 days allows you to set those goals and actually achieve them in an amount of time that is motivating. In the past, I’ve quit challenges around day 14 or 15 because I was thinking about how 90 days seemed so far away! 21 days doesn’t allow you the time to get discouraged!
I am sure that I have so much more to say about this program – and there will likely be more blogs to follow – but I wanted my followers to know a little bit more about this exceptional program. Check out my site at http://beachbodycoach.com/TaraMkb for more information on both the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme – either purchased on their own, or as part of a Challenge Pack with Shakeology (more to come on that topic!!).
But what you can learn from this blog is simple: No matter what you choose to do to get fit and healthy, make sure that it is something you are passionate about! Make sure that it is something that can realistically fit into your routine! Make sure that it is something that can become a lifestyle! And lastly, make sure that is a sound program and eating plan – your goal is to become healthier, not sick!
Yours in fitness,